Quick and easy recipe for homemade raw hemp milk.
A homemade hemp milk recipe. Hemp seeds are an ideal superfood for a raw food or vegan diet due to their protein and essential fatty acid content. This quick and easy recipe for raw hemp milk made from hemp seeds can be used over raw vegan granola, a bowl of fruit, in smoothies and shakes, or enjoyed on its own. You can omit the vanilla and sweetener if you prefer an even more nutritious beverage, but the strong flavor of the seeds can be a bit overpowering for some.
If you’ve been wondering how to make hemp milk, here’s how.
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon raw agave nectar (or 2 medjool dates) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- Hempmilk Variations:
- Add 1/2 teaspoon orange zest
- Add 2 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of spice such as cinnamon, cardamom or allspice
Blend all of the ingredients together on high speed for 20 seconds. Optionally, you can strain the liquid through a cheesecloth to remove the seed particles. Serve your hemp milk immediately or refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days.